Feelgood Boogiefunk 45s Mix for the 45/7 Vinyl Club
1) Tell us a bit about yourself and your record collection“
I’m Djing and collecting since 1988, putting out records constantly since 1993, won the German ITF DJ Chamionships twice in 98/99, worked together with artists like Masta Ace, Souls of Mischief, Blowfly, Edo G, Mr Lif, Zion I, Akrobatik, Beat Junkies, Z-Trip and many more. Touring the world on a regular level. Nowadays playing 45s sets that brought me to countries like the US, Australia, India, China, Russia, Israel, allover Southeast Asia. Mainly into OG pressings, Hip Hop, Funk, Soul, Disco, Boogie, Reggae, Breaks, Library sounds, Germany Funk & Soul breaks and some exotica.
2) 45/7 is all about celebrating the 7″. Can you tell us a bit about what you love about the format.
It’s simply a loveley format that nowadays keep for me the true essence and spirit of DJing. The scene built up strong again the past few years and easy to transport for travelling around the globe.
3) One hour of vinyl goodness… can you talk us through your selection for your 45/7 mix?
I like always to do mixes with some kind of topics or genres. Variation is the key. This one is supposed to be a feel good summer mix with focus on Boogiefunk, perfect for the upcoming BBQ & Beachseason.
4) Where can people catch you / listen to your music?
You can check all my upcoming dates and infos on www.keepitdusty.com and www.marc-hype.com , for Mixes & Productions you can check @marchype , of course also on www.facebook.com/djmarchype , www.instagram.com/marchype & www.twitter.com/marchype
5) Top 5 all time fave records
Always a tough one… I’ll rather look what’s never leaving the bag
1. Bobby Byrd – I Know You Got Soul
2. Incredible Bongo Band – Apache
3. Ray Baretto – Right On
4. Beastie Boys – Intergalactic
5. Dusty Donuts – The Get Down
Finally… The cat’s out of the bag!
Marc Hype had the opportunity to design his very first 45 record bag together with the good people at MAGMA DJ-Bags & Accessories
They found a way to fit 150 45s in the smallest size to build and to stabilize the whole bag with a separator.
In effect you have now two compartments where the records can be organized front-to-back or side-to-side.
Also there’s still enough space for headphones, needle case, cables, lamps and adapters in the front and a separate mesh pocket for 7“ slipmat storage.
Available worldwide next month.
The Dusty Donuts Edition is limited to 150 pieces, so better be quick.
We’ll have some also in the Dusty Donuts Bandcamp store soon.
Check the official release HERE :
Dusty Donuts #10 Anthology Mix by Marc Hype
1. No Love In The City (Naughty NMX Refix)
2. 90% Hangin Out (Jim Sharp Edit)
3. Sugar Man (Jim Sharp Edit)
4. Too Much Hustle (Naughty NMX & Jim Sharp Edit)
5. Breakin My Heart (Jim Sharp Edit)
6. The Light (Jim Sharp Edit)
7. Check Minnie’s Love (Naughty NMX & Runex Brexit Mix)
8. Uptown (Marc Hype & Naughty NMX Edit)
9. Name And Number (Naughty NMX Reload)
10. Real Hip Hop (Jim Sharp Edit)
11. The Sheriff’s Business (Naughty NMX Reload)
12. The Get Down (Marc Hype & Naughty NMX Rework)
13. Rubber Band (Jim Sharp Edit)
14. Clean Up Woman (Jim Sharp Edit)
15, Remember Me (Jim Sharp Edit)
16. Make A Living Break (Jim Sharp)
17. Funky Thang (Marc Hype & Naughty NMX Underground Mix)
18. Hype Up Ants (Naughty NMX Rerub)
19. Jungle Mango (Naughty NMX Rubup)
20. The Antique Anthem (Marc Hype & Jim Dunloop)